Placenta Encapsulation is the ancient practice in which women ingest their placenta after it has been dehydrated and ground up and put into pill form. There is no smell and no taste. It is very similar to taking capsule vitamins.
When women give birth they lose almost 1/10 of their blood. As mammals our placentas were made to be ingested to make up for that loss and restore the iron levels. In addition, the placenta capsules provide:
- Increase release of Oxytocin, which helps the uterus return to normal size and encourages bonding with your baby
- Decreased risk of postpartum depression
- Increase milk supply
- Increase in CRH, a stress-reducing hormone
- Restoration of Iron levels
- Ease of menopausal hormonal fluctuations
- Increase energy levels
Another great part of encapsulating your placenta is the ability to create a tincture that extends the life and benefits of your placenta. A tincture is the homeopathic version of the pills, this lasts forever, and can be used for menopause and stabilizing hormone levels as a woman ages.
For more information please see links below: