Placenta Encapsulation is the ancient practice in which women ingest their placenta after it has been dehydrated and ground up and put into pill form. I know, sounds crazy but it truly is amazing.
When women give birth they lose almost 1/10 of their blood. As mammals our placentas were made to be ingested to make up for that loss and restore the iron levels. In addition, the placenta capsules provide:
- Increase release of Oxytocin, which helps the uterus return to normal size and encourages bonding with your baby
- Decreased risk of postpartum depression
- Increase milk supply
- Increase in CRH, a stress-reducing hormone
- Restoration of Iron levels
- Ease of menopausal hormonal fluctuations
- Increase energy levels
Another great part of encapsulating your placenta is the ability to create a tincture that extends the life and benefits of your placenta. With a tincture, a piece of your placenta is fermented and can be used for menopause and stabilizing hormone levels as a woman ages.
For more information please see links below: